For whatever reason you may want
Did you notice an error in your Microsoft Teams display name? Is your first or last name incorrect? We’ll show you how to edit or change your name in Microsoft Teams on Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows devices.
Change Microsoft Teams Name in Windows
Follow the steps below to change your display name in the Microsoft Teams app for Windows PC.
- Launch the Teams application and select your profile picture in the top-right corner.
- Hover your mouse on your name and select the pencil (Edit display name) icon.
- Enter your preferred first and last name and select Save.
You must provide a first and last name—either or both fields cannot be empty. Select your profile icon in the top-right corner to confirm the name change.
Change Microsoft Teams Name in macOS
Here’s how to change your name in the Teams app on a MacBook.
- Open the Microsoft Teams app on your Mac and select your profile picture in the top-right corner.
- Select the pencil icon above your email address.
- Select Edit name.
- Enter your preferred first and last name in the pop-up window and select Save.
Change Microsoft Teams Name on Android Devices
Follow these steps to change your display name in the Microsoft Teams app for Chromebook and Android devices.
- Open Microsoft Teams and tap your profile photo in the top-left corner.
- Tap your current display or profile name.
- Tap the pencil icon in the top-right corner.
- Provide your preferred first and last name in the dialog boxes and tap the checkmark icon in the top-right corner.
Change Microsoft Teams Name on iPhone or iPad
Here’s how to change your name in the Teams mobile app for iPhones and iPads.
- Open Teams, tap your profile picture in the top-left corner, and tap your display name.
- Tap your display name to edit it. Alternatively, tap Edit on your profile picture and select Edit name.
- Enter your preferred display name and tap Save.
On iPhones and iPads, there’s no compulsion to have both your first and last names in your Teams name. You can have your first or last name (or both) as your display name.
Get a New Name
There’s no limit to the number of times you can change your name in Microsoft Teams. However, note that your Teams display name is your Microsoft account name. Changes to your Teams display name reflect across apps/services linked to your Microsoft account—OneDrive, Microsoft Office apps, etc.
If Teams doesn’t change your name, check that your device has an internet connection. Close and reopen Teams and try changing your name again. Update Teams in your device’s app store if you still can’t change your display name.